Tuesday

Go NEON with Michelle Hernandez!



My guest today is the awesome Michelle Hernandez of My Analog Life. Michelle's style is funky and eclectic. I love the little details on her creations that make her work quirky and fun. She has an amazing sense of humour and of course, lives in one of my fave cities in the world - New York! Michelle's here to share her latest obsession along with a fabulous challenge with a RAK for a lucky player!

But first let's have a look at Michelle's fave projects...


HI there! This is Michelle from My Analog Life. I met Yvonne when we were teamies over at Gauche Alchemy and let me tell you I LOVE this lady’s scrap style!

I’m constantly amazed by Yvonne’s clean and modern designs and how she incorporates more “messy” mediums like paint in new and always perfectly controlled ways so imagine how EXCITED I was to be asked to host a challenge here and talk about my latest obsession - NEON!

I was a pre teen during the 80’s and my parents had zero love for Madonna so I was not allowed to sport the lace dresses and tube tops or the headbands and large crucifixes. I was SO mortified by my general lack of radness! Neon colored rubber bracelets were okay though so I bought those by the arm full and ran around singing Lucky Star loudly.

Anyway so I’m totally digging latest neon flare-up. Neon embellishments, neon stripes & chevron, neon washi tape, acrylic neon paint, the latest Heidy Swapp line and the new Project Life perfect transparencies by Hambly.
I love them ALL.
But I am not a trend jumper. I like to bide my time and see if I like a trend before I go in and buy expensive products that just sit on my desk looking particularly clutter-licious.

I also wanted to stick to Yvonne’s very pertinent use-what-you-have, less-is-more scrap philosophy so I made a page and a card with stuff from my stash. I also stuck to products still in stores (at a discount! cha CHING!)

First project:

Basic Grey’s Out of Print line has beautiful pops of neon and wonderfully white washed newsprint collage elements. I used Hambly washi tape and Tattered Angels Mermaid Glimmer Glam on the borders. Letter stamps from EK Success, KI Memories New York Puffies, K & Co Smash polka dot washi and turquoise mulberry leaf cardstock make the rest of the page.
Second Project:

I used Bazzill grey card stock because grey is another big trend and really makes neon colors pop. The Cocoa Daisy Instamatic stamp uses papers from Cosmo Cricket’s DeLovely and Upcycle lines, both of which use neon liberally. I also used a Crafter’s Workshop stencil, Studio Calico Mister Huey in white and chipboard embellishments from Crate Paper’s Random line which is perfect for those who want the look without the eye stabbing DRAMA of pure neon. My favorite touches are the Sakura Gelly Roll pen outlines in fluorescent yellow and the neon pink twine.

So raid your stash and use neon on your pages. I find it matches fantastically well with white, grey and naturally, black cardstock. I would LOVE to see if someone can swing a neon and kraft project- that would be mind blowing. You can also raid your local dime store for office or pricing labels or check out the teen jewelry aisle and take apart some of those faux silver necklaces with all the enameled charms- they look great on a page!

Once you’re situated, I would like you to pretty please swing back here and join my challenge: using Neon on a scrapbook page or card.

The current “trend” is to use neon in small doses here and there but whatever- go Full Monty- be HAPPY. And link up your good works. The winner will get THIS prize package direct from my over flowing scrap desk! Woo hoo!


________________________________________

Woohoo indeed! Are you ready to play along? Please link your newly-created projects featuring the neon trend via Inlinkz [located at the end of the post] by Friday April 6.

As always, please leave a little love for my guest Michelle.


Share/Bookmark



Pin It

17 comments:

Alice said...

love Michelle's fun style, really cool!

Unknown said...

Gorgeousness!! Love the vibrancy and pops of colour against the neutral tones.....got to get me some of this :0)

Lynnda said...

Love her style... WOW... Michelle is amazing...colors...is definitely my thing... definitely will play along... hugs...xoxo

~amy~ said...

LOVE michelle's style...I'll have to dig around for some neon:)

sandi said...

Wow! What an amazing style she has! All of her creations look so nice!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a cool challenge, love the gorgeous work!

Angi Barrs said...

Fab projects Michelle! And a cool challenge too.

Ella Swan said...

Cool projects! Neon rocks!!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Gosh all these compliments are gonna give me a fatter head than I already have. :) Thank you so much! I needed a happy boost today! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

madscrappertoo said...

I love all her creations!! Fun and funky!!

Miae said...

Oh you've got the wheels in the old noggin' churning but do I even have neon anything?? Must raid my stash and have a see....thanks you two for the post!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, Michelle's style is so pretty and artsy. Very, very fun. The whole neon trend is super fun and energetic. Love the vibe!

Erum Tasneem said...

fabulous!

Unknown said...

This is really cool and thanks Yvonne for introducing us to such great talent

Nitasha said...

Awesome! Oh, I just post a neon card on my blog the other day! I will link it up! I'm loving the neon trend!

Lynnda said...

Thanks for the fun challenge... I've just linked mine... hugs...xoxo

Unknown said...

Hey girl! I just read the Neon challenge on your blog and happen to have started Spring Break today! Can't think of a better way to start it than in my scraproom...
Pleasure knowing you! You are an inspiration!
xoxo
Linds

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It