Friday

3 ways to tell your story through patterned papers


Why is J in a girl's dress


1. Patterned papers that have stories "built-in" to them. 

I love cute little scenes that allow you to "cheat" because all the main elements are there. All you need to do is find a place for your photo and just embellish away. :)


I love this Alice in Wonderland paper in its entirety but wanted to use it on a scrapbook page. In the end, I cut out the castle in the background, added another patterned paper and a photo of my nephew.


Now it looks like the Queen is berating Alice for putting my littlest nephew J in a dress....[even though it was actually me...*LOL*]

What a hoot!

2. Patterned papers that help you create a "scene" that is reflective of your story.


Sometimes the elements on the patterned papers need to be cut out to help you create a "scene" that tells your story.



I cut out the sun and cloud to reflect a sunny day spent with my sister at Universal Studios. Also added the plane to reflect the rides we took and the camera to reflect the 400 photos we took that day.

The negotiator

 3. Patterned papers that contain elements that relate to your story.

The little robots parachuting down seems to reflect a successful rescue mission. Perfect for telling the story of my oldest nephew "negotiating" his way out of  a situation. *winks*


I used just one sheet of patterned paper for this. Just cut out some robots and clouds and popped them on 3D dots.

So there you have it...3 ways to tell your story through patterned papers. What do you think?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

30 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love it all!!!!!

lavina agarwal said...

grt idea..400 photos is acceptable :)only we girls can achieve that! ;)

Annette Allen said...

This is totally awesome...I love how you created your amazing layouts..so much fun detail...thanks for sharing your tips..

Rose said...

awesome!!!
i love the robots :)

Laurel said...

Wow, what more can I say, these are amazing!

Creations by Shirl said...

Yvonne is da bomb.... Queen of layouts - love your creativity on them... great job...

Sparkplug17 said...

Such fabulous projects!

Virginia L. said...

This is INCREDIBLE, Yvonne!! I love how you used the pattern paper and make it your own! The layouts are so rich and full of characters! Love them all! PS: I have been doing some fun recycling projects!! SO much fun!

Heather Jacob said...

such a fabulous post .... always so interesting and informative here Yvonne ... beautiful work xoxo

Unknown said...

What a fabulous post showcasing your amazing talent :0) Stunning job (as always)!!

Hussena said...

what an awesome Idea to cut out the PP and use their elements to highlight the project...you always have these brilliant tips to share...i could never have guessed that those clods and sun are hand cut from a PP ..totally love it:)your Lo are always so fabulous!!

MANSI said...

AWESOME!!!!I love your clever ideas!!!

Lynnda said...

I love them all Yvonne...beautiful....just by looking at the layout... I can tell a story!!! thats brilliant my dear... hugs...xoxo

sandi said...

These are fabulous! Love them all!

Lea said...

Oh I love them all! Great post and wow to all that cutting! And lol to the dress lo. :)

Ella Swan said...

Great ideas - yes I do like to tie in my prints but I don't buy themed paper a lot - I prefer wall-paper types like the ones Lily Bee make then I tie up with my other elements like my titles and journaling. Funny how we are all so different!!

Unknown said...

How clever is that.. I am going to have to go take a look at my papers now!! Love your pages. They all look amazing..

Cindy deRosier said...

Great ideas and examples!! You are a master of patterned paper.

misty said...

These are all so awesome, and It took me a while to notice the picture on the wonderland one...she actually looked like part of the paper! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You amaze me. period. the end.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful post with amazing work and helpful tips!

Auntie Em said...

Love all your amazing LOs and the way you showed how to use those beautiful patterned papers we all love to buy but then aren't sure how to use them.
Thanks for sharing and inspiring! :)

Miae said...

You always have the best tips and ideas you so generously share! Brilliant pages too..thanks Yvonne!

Maggi said...

Awesome tips, love seeing where and what you cut out, that Alice page is genius!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Yes I agree with everything you just pointed out! I don't do it often enough so this page is PINNED for being major food for thought! I LOVE that Alice page- the border is PERFECT. I remember I didn't buy that line because I didn't know how to make it "work" for me-thank you for pointing out how flexible is is! I also really love what you did with the Amy Tan line- it's such beautiful paper and you really made it work- simple and bright and layered- really fantastic.

Alice said...

always love how you take advantage of the designs of the patterned papers and use them on your layout. these are fab, Yvonne!

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous idea. Love how you cut out the castle.

Erum Tasneem said...

fabulous LOs and thanks for the tips.

Juhi said...

OMG these ideas are awesome, thanks for sharing!

Katy said...

Oh wow that is so creative! Thanks for sharing! I will look at my paper differently! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It