Monday

Inspired by Amelie challenge - Simple pleasures in life

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill (Pink, Brown & Cream), Stickers: American Crafts (Pink & blue), Toga (Brown & white), Pearl brad: Imaginisce. Flourish rubon: Kaiser. Others: Ribbon, white pen


The challenge over at Inspired by Amelie is about simple pleasures in life. You can read more about this challenge and check out the beautiful creations by the design team here.

I celebrated my birthday last month doing my favourite things - visiting the bookstore, getting some scrap supplies, watching a movie and having dinner at my favourite restaurant. With well-wishers texting my phone all day, homemade breakfast by my sister and my morning chores already done :) , it was a simple yet divine day. A once-a-year simple pleasure in life.

This LO was assembled very quickly using scraps. I used all the negative portions of the shapes I cut for previous layouts and just rearranged them. (I made the shaped template on chipboard which I traced from a Jenni Bowlin paper.) The photos were put through Poladroid (again! Yes, I love the effect!). The left hand corner flourish is a rub-on. The rest of the border was doodled, along with part of my journaling.


The "flower" was stitched together from ribbon.

Pin It

4 comments:

Lucy Edson said...

Happy belated birthday, Yvonne!

Love the white journaling and rub-on! Great photos of you, too! :)

Sam said...

Love your blog. Your scrapbooking is wonderful.

Best wishes,
Sam.

FauveDesign said...

Gorgeous layout!Thanks for playing with us :)

Lari Scrap said...

This is super cool! Thanks for playing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It