Wednesday

Category Stories February Challenge


This is my first time participating in the challenges over at Category Stories. The availability of a wide variety of scrapbooking materials makes it easy to just pile on the embellishments to make pages look pretty forgetting the actual stories behind the photos. The great thing about challenge sites is that they "force" you not only to use your stash (don't hoard!) but to remember the stories behind the layouts. I journal on every single layout. Sometimes when the design of a layout doesn't permit a lot of journaling, I write at the back because I think that the story behind a photo is really important. Sometimes when I'm lazy, my journaling's part of the title.

A picture of my sweet nephews...so hard to get them both to look at the camera at the same time, let alone smile for me...oh well, I'll take what I can get...used mostly old stash and some recycling goodness - ice-cream sticks! It's super pink and super girly and totally not me at all but I like it!


This PageFrames acrylic frame was inked with Stazon, then mounted on FancyPants felt. So cool that they go well together. Some stitching...:) Photo mounted on cardstock. White lace on edges.



Buttons, ribbons, lace and a little floral tassel from the craft store. The felt piece is from Fancy Pants. The "kiss kiss" paper is from Cosmo Cricket (came free with a magazine)...:)



I used my Making Memories magnetic stamps (there were in cold storage for a while!) with VersaFine ink and stamped on ice-creams sticks. They were adhered on lace and then added to the layout. Also used some pink brads.


Supplies

Paper: K & Co, Cosmo Cricket, Sassafras (the lace-like trim), Bazzill
Acrylic frame: PageFrames
Felt pieces: Fancy Pants
Tags: K & Co
Letter stickers: Adorn It
Brads: American Crafts
Others: Ribbons, buttons, tassel, lace and ice-cream sticks Pin It

2 comments:

Lee said...

this is totally gorgeous! what a lovely page, thanks so much for joining in with us at category stories!

Amy said...

What an absolutely gorgeous LO!! I am floored by all the fun little details you put into it! Love love love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It