Wednesday

Fussy-cut your photos and hand journaling with Lizzy Hill!




G'day mates! My guest today is the vivacious Lizzy Hill [waves enthusiastically to Lizzy..."We are on the same continent right now!"]. Her style is is an eclectic explosion of patterns, colours and ooooh... so awesome textures. There are always clever little bits and pieces on her creations that make me go..."Hmmm...I so want to try that technique...or that washi tape" Yes friends, she has been a key contributor to my current washi tape obsession *winks*. I love that she goes to the heart of why we scrapbook - to keep authentic memories of our lives and not just use pretty things - as reflected in the humour she injects as well as the hand journaling she includes on her projects. Today, she shares how to fussy-cut your photos and incorporate hand journaling. She is also hosting a challenge with a fabulous RAK for a winner! :)

But first, let's admire her lovely body of work....


Hello fellow scrappers – I’m honoured [& a tad overwhelmed, I must add] to be here on Yvonne’s FABBO blog!
Who am I? An Aussie who lives just above Sydney on the Central Coast. I have 2 grown up sons & 1 grandbaby, plus a pile of ‘steps’….a great assortment of scrappy subjects! I’ve been scrapping about 4 years…& I’m currently on the DT for Scrap Friends. I’ve also had a few pages published in Scrapbooking Memories, an Australian scrapping magazine.
I’m a bit of an eclectic scrapper – I THINK my style is rather bold…I LOVE challenges & challenging myself & I’ll have a go at anything scrappy wise – on or off the page. Lately, I’ve been drawn to badges, mists & masking, & using liquid pearls. I usually journal on my pages – often by hand - & I’ve been really enjoying fussy cutting up my photos…..& that’s my challenge to you!
Here’s my example:


You see, the background is completely nebulous…so, I got rid of it. Easier to ‘tell the story’ without that distraction!


Here’s my hand journaling, telling the ‘story’.


A badge! And since feathers seem to be ‘hot’ atm…I added some I picked up outside our house – you don’t need to spend a fortune on scrap supplies. And they can be misted, if you want…




I really like to make elements ‘mine’ – sooo I added Prima alphabet stickers to this banner I made…the seam binding ribbon gave it a nice dimension, too. Similarly, I tend to ‘mix’ products – so there’s a pile of different manufacturers featured here. Try it! I think it gives your scrapping a more ‘individual’ flavour!


I do LOTS of blogging…& see stuff that I think ‘Ha! I’d forgotten about that.’ Hence the bottle cap here – it’s nice to revisit stuff you haven’t used or thought about using for a while! And you can use little scraps of paper & create a unique embellishment of your very own easily. This one is finished off with Glossy Accents.



That tab had the ‘wrong’ word on it – so I just covered it with another sticker. Easy peasy. LOVE those glass beads & you can see my Liquid Pearls in there, too.


When adding photos like this, you need to ‘ground’ them – so I’ve tucked them into strips of paper to make them look more ‘finished’.

Hope this has given you some inspiration for cutting into those photos - there’s nothing like moving outta that comfort zone & stretching your creativity….soooooo my challenge is this:

 I’d LOVE to see you FUSSY CUTTING around those photos AND/OR using HAND JOURNALING on your creation! Which is your biggest fear? Now’s the time to conquer them & have a bit of fun…I’ve a wee RAK up for grabs…of course, you may love using these techniques…in which case, I’d LOVE to see what you come up with!!!





__________________________________


Ready to play along with Lizzy's fabulous challenge? Please link your newly created projects featuring fussy-cutting AND/OR using hand journaling via Inklinz [located at the end of the post] by Friday May 3rd, 11.59pm (GMT+8).

As always, please leave a little love for my guest Lizzy. :)






Share/Bookmark

Pin It

23 comments:

katie said...

Your layout turned out gorgeous!! I love the look of fussy cut photos but I'm always scared to do it on my photos.
-Katie
www.punkprojects.com
www.paperloversstudio.blogspot.com

katie said...

I just linked my layout. I hand journaled and I cut my photos into circles but I don't know if that counts as "fussy cutting"

Lizzy Hill said...

Good on you, Katie...circles are a start! And you don't have to do both to be in it:):):) And Yvonne...big blushes going on over here in that Other Part of Oz....thanks for the love & for inviting me to do this. Twas/is FUN:):)!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fab layout Lizzy ! I havnt seen fussy cutting like that in forever!

Unknown said...

Oh my!!! This is super fabulous and yes I want to play along!!! I am going to try the fussy cutting... going to be strange for me as I am doing cards 99% of the time..what can I say I am truly inspired, Thank you Lizzy, you are fantastic!!! Thank you Yvonne for having Lizzy show us her talent!! hugs

Tone-Lill said...

Awsome LO,love the cutting technique. TFS :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Lizzy!! Loving her lo! GORGEOUS!!!

Annette Allen said...

what a great post.. and the layout is gorgeous..

SD pooja said...

Wow ! Yvonne you have got a fabulous guest ! I do follow Lizzy's blog..and I am in awe of how she uses various element,techniques n embellies on her layout !!

Unknown said...

Brilliant guest ;0) Love everything that Lizzy does but more often than not it's her journaling that always stands out.....she has certainly motivated me to journal more on pages :0))) Another smasher Lizzy....much like it's maker x

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome guest! Loving her style and all these fabulous projects!

sandi said...

Great lo Lizzy! Love the cutout pics!

Lynnda said...

absolutely FUN... will try to play along with my mate Lizzy...she rock!!! hugs...x

Angi Barrs said...

What a wonderful guest. I love the fun embellies on Lizzy's page. :)

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome LO - LOVE the fussy cutting!

Sandie said...

I love Lizzy's work, and she certainly has an artistic flair for doing amazing layout....

Ella Swan said...

I adore Lizzy's page and your ode to her - she is a 'real' person and a great online contributor!!!

Dolly B said...

You have done a wonderful job describing Lizzy, a fabulous lady. Will be doing my best to play along with this challenge
Mary

Alice said...

fuzzy cutting the photos really gave them new life. such a beautiful page and i love all the details. thanks so much for the inspiration, Lizzy!

Keren Tamir said...

Woohoo congrats Lizzy for your feature. Amazing job!!

yyam said...

You know how much I adore your style. Now it's time for others to appreciate your massive talent Lizzy!

Irini said...

fabulous challenge....and I adore Lizzy for all the reasons you mentioned in your post!!
I hope to play along!!
hugz
irini

Sandra said...

I just had to participate because Lizzy is very creative and I was inspired by her challenge.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It