Tuesday

10 things around your home to upcycle




There are many "treasures" within our homes that we can give a new lease of life to just by thinking a little creatively. Here are 10 things around your home to upcycle. :)


Upcycled-box-for-Faber-Castells-by-Yvonne-Yam1
Cake box to pretty gift box

1. Turn an ordinary cake box into a pretty box.

One of the easiest things to upcycle is a sturdy box. They make great storage as well as gift boxes.

Simply handmade decorated paper bag
Make your own embellishment using packaging materials

2. Packaging materials can be "prettied" up and made into embellishments.

Add little buttons and trinkets to packaging materials to create your own one-of-a-kind embellishment.

Barely-there-project

3. An old glass clock can be turned into a fabulous photo frame.

So the old clock is no longer working? Turn it into a fabulous photo frame with a photo of your loved ones.

Wall-art
Old board book to wall hanging

4. An old board book can make a cool wall hanging.

Too lazy to make a mini album with an old board book? Cut a window, glue the pages together, throw on some paint and add embellishments for a cool wall hanging!

Washi tape covered CD container
CD container to gift box

5. A CD container can be turned into a unique gift box.

A little washi tape and pretty bloom turned an ordinary CD container into a sweet gift box that can be a pretty display too. :)


Compact-mirror-altered-project
Compact case to grandma's brag "book"

6. An old compact case makes a lightweight brag book to carry around.

An alternative to carrying a mini album....this is great for whipping out in public to show off pics of your loved ones.


7. Old tart molds make a sturdy tiered stand for little knick knacks.

Old tart molds can be given a new lease of life with patterned papers, mediums and embellishments.


8. Little trinkets boxes can be piled up to make a cute chest of drawers.

Combine little trinket boxes to create a cute chest of drawers that make a fun and unique packaging for small gifts.

You've got mail
Shipping box to decorated shipping box

9. Priority boxes can be given a vintage makeover.

Sturdy shipping boxes can be decorated into lovely boxes to be mailed off.


Tea tin to trinket holder 

10. Tea tins make excellent trinket holders.

Use scrap paper and left-over embellishments to decorate a tea tin to store your little trinkets. They deserve a pretty home too! :)

There you have it. 10 things around your home to upcycle. What do you think?

Share/Bookmark

Pin It

32 comments:

Virginia L. said...

How inspiring is this, Yvonne! Love your 10 gorgeous examples!

Annette Allen said...

wow you are the queen of up cycle.. thanks for the inspiration.. love it all..

Anonymous said...

Stunning creations!! Great ideas Yvonne!!

Katy said...

These are beautiful and so creative! Thanks for sharing! :)

Linda Breedlove said...

Good night... I've never thought about up cycling half of those items!!! You are amazing, lady!

chillin with Quillin said...

some really great upcycles, awesome !!!!
Paula

Keren Tamir said...

Amazing up cycles ideas!!

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Amazing creations and ideas! This is truly inspiring,Yvone! thanks for sharing ♥

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I wanna be you when I grow up.

That is all.

:)

Lynnda said...

When it comes to upcycle... YOU ARE THE QUEEN!!... No doubt about it!!! These are simply AWESOME.....hats off!!! hugs...x

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is fabulous Yvonne..the compact case idea is especially appealing to me!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

alexandra s.m. said...

What a great post!
so much inspiration!
Thank You!
Now I really want to see what I could alter ;o)

Tanvi said...

Thanks a lot Yvonne for these wonderful ideas!

Hussena said...

These projects are all just gorgeous Yvonne!..Its always amazing to me the way you find inspiration in mundane everyday things and the way you turn them into beautiful pieces of art projects!..I have been lucky to have received one such gift from you and I really cherish the upcycled Postal box very much! :)..

TesaB said...

Wonderful ideas and projects! Thank you for always sharing!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome ideas Yvonne.. I can say I have done one of these!!!, lol.. Fanatastic post!Hugs

Tone-Lill said...

Lots of lovely gift ideas. Love how you have decorated them, especially the tea boxes :)

Suman Pandit said...

Yvonne, you are such an inspiration!!
I have joined your blog as a new member but I have been following you blog for so long. I love your approach to life…the vibrant colors all over your blog and the zest to share and teach your art and skills. You may not really know the impact you are making and the number of followers does not reflect it fully.
I have just started dabbling in crafts as I also got the quilling bug recently. I craft for my son's school projects and do mainly recycled/altered projects. I would be so happy if you visit my page :)
cheers!!
Love you and best wishes from INDIA
http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Lizzy Hill said...

Great ideas here - the one I hadn't thought of & I'm gonna use will be the board book canvas....CLEVER!!!!!!

SD pooja said...

Amazing makeovers Yvonne ! Glad you made this post as I got to see some unseen creations ! I loved the tart mold stand and the shipping box... its fab !

sandi said...

These creations are absolutely fabulous!!!!!!! Love all of them. So inspirational!!!!!!!!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Yvonne, you are brilliant. Love all your upcycled items!

Unknown said...

I have to say you are one creative gal. I always love to see what you come up with...

Hugs~

MEGHA said...

wow these are amazing stuff ...have to use brains and you will get .thanks.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHH! TOTALLY inspired!!! I might have to look around my house for some items to upcycle!! LOVE that butterfly tin!! And that brag book for Grandma! FUN!

Cindy deRosier said...

These transformations are gorgeous. I love your compilation posts like this! It's so fun to see all your projects together.

Anonymous said...

All the projects are great. I remember seeing some of them for the first time long ago. It was nice to see them again and I loved getting to see the new ones I had never seen before. You are very creative.

Audrey Pettit said...

I sooo love how you incorporate so much recycling into your work! You are brilliant!

Ella Swan said...

AMAZING! I have you to thank for my dabbling in OTP!! Thank YOU!!!

Alice said...

you are the queen of altered items, Yvonne! these are fabulous!

Miae said...

Seriously, you upcycle and create the coolest things...a make-up compact?? So neato!!

Hema said...

Every piece of information is useful and am personally for upcycled Tea Tin as I have so many lying around brought from China

happyexperimenting.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It