There are many "treasures" within our homes that we can give a new lease of life to just by thinking a little creatively. Here are 10 things around your home to upcycle. :)
|Cake box to pretty gift box|
1. Turn an ordinary cake box into a pretty box.
One of the easiest things to upcycle is a sturdy box. They make great storage as well as gift boxes.
|Make your own embellishment using packaging materials|
2. Packaging materials can be "prettied" up and made into embellishments.
Add little buttons and trinkets to packaging materials to create your own one-of-a-kind embellishment.
3. An old glass clock can be turned into a fabulous photo frame.
So the old clock is no longer working? Turn it into a fabulous photo frame with a photo of your loved ones.
|Old board book to wall hanging|
4. An old board book can make a cool wall hanging.
Too lazy to make a mini album with an old board book? Cut a window, glue the pages together, throw on some paint and add embellishments for a cool wall hanging!
|CD container to gift box|
5. A CD container can be turned into a unique gift box.
A little washi tape and pretty bloom turned an ordinary CD container into a sweet gift box that can be a pretty display too. :)
|Compact case to grandma's brag "book"|
6. An old compact case makes a lightweight brag book to carry around.
An alternative to carrying a mini album....this is great for whipping out in public to show off pics of your loved ones.
7. Old tart molds make a sturdy tiered stand for little knick knacks.
Old tart molds can be given a new lease of life with patterned papers, mediums and embellishments.
8. Little trinkets boxes can be piled up to make a cute chest of drawers.
Combine little trinket boxes to create a cute chest of drawers that make a fun and unique packaging for small gifts.
|Shipping box to decorated shipping box|
Sturdy shipping boxes can be decorated into lovely boxes to be mailed off.
|Tea tin to trinket holder|
10. Tea tins make excellent trinket holders.
Use scrap paper and left-over embellishments to decorate a tea tin to store your little trinkets. They deserve a pretty home too! :)
There you have it. 10 things around your home to upcycle. What do you think?