Thursday

The stuff in my "save-it-for-a-rainy-day" boxes...*winks*



If you didn't already know, I have trouble throwing out stuff...you know, just in case. *LOL* So I store them in my "save-it-for-a-rainy-day" box/es. 

Ready to see the stuff in my boxes??? *dramatic music plays in the background*


Are those scallop shells? Yes. Those would make a great front and back cover of a mini beach vacation album right? I mean, I will get to them one day. I think. *winks*. And there's a mobile phone cover, old belt buckles, broken jewellery parts, electronic parts, old leather shoe bits...

Yep. Others see them as junk but I see them as possibilities...

I mean, I really use them in my projects...


A-mixed-media-canvas-that-lights-up
The mixed media canvas that lights up
For instance, I used one of those wheels from broken toys on this project...


Quick-paper-bags-with-found-objects
Quick paper bags with found objects
One of the old leather shoe straps was on one of these paper bags...

Mixed-media-canvas-with-found-objects1
Mixed media canvas with found objects
Mixed-media-canvas-with-old-lighting-parts
Getting to know my creative process
And I have used old lighting parts on these mixed media canvases...


What about you? Do you have a "save-it-for-a-rainy-day" box???



Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I have SEVERAL places that hold "I just can't throw that away" stuff!!! Not just BOXES!! HA!!! And I am TOTALLY AFRAID to know what you MIGHT USE those handcuffs on!!! LOL!!!!!! Let's hope it's never on an "I was arrested" project!!! LOL!!!!!!

Lisa said...

I have boxes and boxes of junk...er...treasures just waiting to be used!! The very sad thing is, I hardly ever touch them!! Why? I don't know!! I just keep adding to them. I think I might need an intervention ;) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

SD pooja said...

The first thing I noticed was the toy wheels and wondered what will you do of them..and absolutely amazed by how you did it !! Perfect use !! I do have a box of bits n bobs but sadly I am throwing stuff as it can handle no more neither can I :(

StirYourCreativity said...

I too hoard lots of things thinking of using them later but that later keeps on delaying :)

Cindy deRosier said...

I'm always blown away by how you use this bits and pieces! I save some items, but not the same kinds of stuff.

Audrey Pettit said...

You are so masterful at re-using various bits and bobs! And I LOVE that you do that! I've got a couple of "junk" caches filled with random stuff, too, but you are the queen of recycling!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It