Wednesday

It's time to make more family mixed media canvases...


It's-time-to-make-more-family-mixed-media-canvases

Recent commissioned mixed media canvas pieces (like the one shown) have ignited my desire to add to my existing collection of family mixed media canvases. Especially since members of the Gangster Gang (aka nephews + niece) have grown up quite a bit. *winks*


I don't know about you...but I tend to do a LOT of something I like till I get bored.  Then I move on the next "exciting" thing. And start the cycle all over again. 


This particular mixed media canvas had me stumped for a while because I had to incorporate people from 3 different photos and if you noticed, I tend to enjoy doing  "scenes" on my mixed media canvases involving people. 


So I went with a multiple photo scrapbook layout style instead.


The silhouette photos were "popped" up for a more dynamic feel.


The 12 x 12 canvas was covered with wrapping tissue and remnant lace before being misted with shimmering sprays. I finished with really eye-popping embellishments and bling since the recipient was a lady. :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

6 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Love that you popped up the people. It looks fantastic!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the multi textured and hued background you created
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lynn said...

The lacy background is my favorite part. Normally all the bling would distract from the photos but somehow you make it work. Someday I will figure out how to enhance photos like you do. I need more craft courage.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I always LOVE when you do that with the photos!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, my gosh! You are absolutely amazing, my friend!

Lisa said...

Wow! So cool and gorgeous! I knew I was saving all of that tissue for a reason!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It