Friday

The happy things we love to do when we are outside


The happy things we love to do when we are outside book cover

Hello friends! :) I thought it was time to document the happy things we (my nephews and I) love to do when we are outside. We take a lot of walks around the neighbourhood...short walks though...it's tough with 3 boys and a camera...*LOL*...last week I brought them to the playground and it was the longest 45 minutes ever....so hard to keep an eye on every 'fearless' kid....(plus I was still recovering from the whole mooning incident...*LOL*)

Anyway, this is a mini album cover on 6X6 acrylic. This is the second one in my 6X6 acrylic book series. The first one was The Sew Book. I'm sure I will get to the inner pages eventually. *LOL* I find it tough to do mini albums because I find repetition difficult (as in the same page format so that the album looks cohesive). I only produce one-of-a-kind pieces...(according to me!)*LOL*.

The wood "frame" was upcycled from packaging. Patterned papers are from My Little Shoebox. Lots of 3D dots for dimension as inspired by my guest Donna's dimensional challenge. Various stickers. Wrinkle ribbon. MS edge punch. Edges inked with Stazon.

Happy weekend! :)

Share/Bookmark
Pin It

30 comments:

Laurel said...

So cute, love the ruffle!

Blossom inch said...

gorgeous Yvonne love that!

MANSI said...

this is so cute,love all the elements you have added,especially the branch and the bird houses.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

wow this is sooo cute, I love it! What a great idea!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING! I love love love love that frame and the colors!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anita Kejriwal said...

I live the way You use your thickers. I really restrict myself in using them. But inspired by you, now will take more use of them. Bright and beautiful as usual.

Tejashree said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING!

Rose said...

this will be so fun for the boys to add photos to :) love all the bright colors and the little birdies :)

Tejashree said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING!

Dora said...

This is great and soooo cute!

Ujjwal said...

This cover is so adorable and I would love to see you do the pages for these albums :)

Unknown said...

SO CUTE!!!

Jocelyn said...

I agree....just amazing!!!

Have a wonderful day sweet friend!!!

~amy~ said...

a-dorable!!!!!! haha...yup, you reminded me of your mooning incident..

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a cute cover and great idea for a mini book. Now you know I want to see the inner pages too. I think acrylic are the hardest books to do as you have to plan the inside pages just right so they don't overlap on each other.

Oh I had ALMOST forgot about the mooning incident. lol

Unknown said...

Oooooh, girl, this is looking FANTASTIC! Gosh, what a challenge with 3 kids! And boys! You're one brave woman!

Angi Barrs said...

So fab & adorable. I find mini's so hard to complete too. I really want to work on one soon. :)

RiNNE said...

Love all the elements and textures!

Trotter said...

Hi Yvonne! Finally some time to stop by... And again to find a great creative work!!

Blogtrotter Two is still strolling in Amsterdam... Enjoy and have a superb weekend!!

Julie said...

looks great Yvonne.

Alice said...

so cute! love the wood frame. this is so fun, Yvonne! have a fabulous weekend! =)

Theresa said...

this is so cute. I haven't worked with acrylic much. I love the colors and cut work on the paper.
Happy Saturday!!!! =)

Rajaa said...

Amazing creation.....

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is totally cool!

Lynnda said...

So cute... love it.... love the details especially...hugs..xoxo

Sharon Fritchman said...

What an awesome mini-album cover! I can't wait to see more!!!!

dstandard said...

LOVE this it's just adorable!

DonnaMundinger said...

Just darling, Yvonne! Gonna be a fun book! LOVE the dimension you added. xxD

Spardha said...

Wowe!.. LOVE YOUR ACRYLIC PAGES!.. SUPER FUN! :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It