Sunday

Method Playground challenge using mists




The challenge at Method Playground was to incorporate the use of mists in our layouts. Given my recent 'obsession' with the Tim Holtz masks (they are really easy to use and the results are spectacular!), I used one for this layout on my adorable nephews. The mask was inked with distress ink in black soot and then sprayed with glimmer mist in gold for a subtle background design.


Mimicking the mask design, I used a fancy pants swirl stamps and gold embossed on black paper which I then cut out and adhered behind the photo. The photo was matted on beige and black cardstock. The frame for the layout was painted black, heat embossed with gold embossing powder, then painted with black paint again. Afterwhich, I sandpapered it to create "an old world charm" (not exactly evident in the photos but it was a lot of work!).



To draw the eye to the photo, I tied a red ribbon around the photo, attached with a gold brad and a recycled earring. Then I added stickers for the title.

Supplies
Paper: K & Co, Bazzill
Stickers: EK Success
Others: Paint, ink, glimmer mist, ribbon, brad, earring Pin It

2 comments:

kristintxo said...

I like it!!!! It´s so cute!

Anne P said...

Gorgious work. Love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It