Tuesday

Sweet and simple with Sherryann Eckblad



My guest today is Sherryann Eckblad of Button Junkie.  Sherry has a really sweet and simple cardmaking style that truly has timeless appeal. Her trademark? Those beautiful handmade flowers on her creations! :) She has a really simple challenge for us and a lovely RAK for one random participant. You have to read on to find out more! :)

Let's admire her gallery first, shall we?


__________________________________________________

I am so honored to be chosen to be Yvonne's Guest Blogger and when she first asked me I was not sure I should do it. After some consideration I thought what the HECK just do it.


My name is Sherry but here in blogland I go by sherryann which is what my family calls me. I live in Minnesota with my husband Joe, son Justin and a green cheeked conure parrot named Birdie. I have been making cards and scrapbooking off and on for about 10 years and only in the last year have I got into blogging and posting my creations.

If someone were to ask me my favorite style I would say it is Clean and Simple and sometimes a little vintage. I love making flowers and you will find them on a lot of my cards and layouts. I was asked to think of a challenge so I am going to challenge all of you to create a card or layout using handmade flowers. Here is a simple tutorial that I found on the internet for making the spiral roses.

Please stop by my blog (www.buttonjunkie.blogspot.com) and say hello and leave me a link to your creation as I would love to see it. I will offer the winner of this challenge some of my handmade wrinkle ribbon.

_________________________________________________________

Are you ready to play along with Sherryann's handmade flowers challenge? Please link up your creations using InLinkz (located at the end of this post) by Friday 22nd October.

As always, please leave a little love for my guest Sherry. :)

Share/Bookmark



Pin It

19 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Thanks Yvonne for letting me be your Guest Blogger. I can't wait to see what handmade flowers everyone comes up with.

~amy~ said...

woot wootie woot woot!!! LOVE sherry's creations....soooo very fabbie...and it looks like she's going to have me making a bloom...haha...thanks for the challenge!

Smita said...

Wow!! Love her style... Keeping my fingers crossed so that I can play along this time :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo! Loving your work Sherry! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love this!!! Awesome work!!! :D

Ujjwal said...

Great work!! Lets see if I get my mojo working for this one :)

Kishley (Dolly Sapra) said...

wow!! Lovely.. Loved her creations sooooo much.. Her handmade flowers are pretty!!
I was planning to make a card for my mom with handmade roses which i have already made. :D Now, looking at lovely works from Sherryyan, i might re-do them (if i get some time, have to give them to mom on saturday)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I am an admirer of Sherryann's work. I like creating my own flowers but have not gotten overly creative with it. It is time to step it up!

Anonymous said...

Hello there Sherry! Love to see you as the next guest blogger overhere!!! Yvonne had a great taste in choosing her guests, don't you think ;)
Great cards! LOVE your handmade flowers!!!

Casey Wright said...

Looks like fun!

Dana said...

Woo hoo, Sherry is the best! I will take this challenge for sure!

Trotter said...

Hi Yvonne! It's always fabulous! either you or your guests!!

Blogtrotter Two just left Sardinia 2009, but it couldn’t make it without showing you the incredible Porto Cervo and its yachts... Enjoy and have a great week!

Dora said...

Love this...wish I can make this!

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Hi Yvonne!Guess I'm the first to link my card!Thanks for the great challenge..I'm a follower of Sherryann's blog for some time now and adore her cards!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! Loving those cards and the flowers are amazing!
Loving your guest blogs!

Anita Kejriwal said...

now thats the challenge I would love toplay. I love making flowers and Those creations at the top are simply beautiful.

Karuna said...

Thanks Yvonne! Your challenge got me going. And i finally tried some punch craft to make my own flower!! Love the guest bloggers work!!
Hugs
Karuna

Robin said...

oh her stuff is lovely... must tell my friend jenny... she loves making handmade flowers! Robin

Melissa said...

i love your beautiful creations Sherry!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It