Tuesday

Ribbon fun with Smita Lakhotia!



My guest today is the lovely Smita Lakhotia of Kreativity and Me. Smita makes really wonderful creations with loads of texture and yummy details. And she doesn't shy away from bright colours! :) She has an awesome challenge for us and a RAK for a random participant. :)

Let's have a look at her gallery, shall we?


______________________________________________________________________________

I woke up on  a Monday morning to see Yvonne’s mail in my Inbox giving me the chance to guest blog here… I literally rubbed my eyes a few times to make sure it wasn’t a dream J. It truly is an honor.

I am Smita, a SAHM to a 3+ years old boy and as I always say, he is my inspiration. I started active crafting after Aaryan’s birth in 2007 and to date, he is the one who loves my work the most. My blog is mostly full of cards though I occasionally dabble in 3D objects too.

I live in India, and international crafting supplies are almost non-existent here. We have a growing community of card makers and scrapbookers here in India, and we are slowly witnessing a change in the crafting scene here. Though I have ordered quite a few tools online from the US, I still tend to use quite a lot of local supplies. I search the local markets thoroughly and buy whatever I think I like (not really bothering about what is in vogue with card makers everywhere). In fact, I love my local buys most of the time and would encourage everyone to look around and see what catches their eyes.

I don’t follow any particular style and am usually somewhere in between styles. I love using ribbons, laces and flowers on my cards. And that is exactly what I am going to challenge you to do – use a new ribbon and/or lace technique (something you have wanted to but not tried before) in your creation. And here’s a twist- no stamping! I know most of you swear by stamping (I don’t… lol), but try a project without it.


I have used a couple of simple techniques in my card. The ribbon ruffles are stapled with colored staples (I started using them because the double sided tape available here would just not hold the ribbon! {wink}). I have also made a scallop border with a regular ric rac lace around the square panel. See, easy techniques, but they add interest to the card J.

I’ll send across some local ribbon, lace and flowers to the winner. 
_______________________________________________________________________________

A really fun challenge, right?  Please link up your creations using InLinkz (located at the end of this post) by Friday 5th November.

Please leave a little love for my guest Smita! :)

Share/Bookmark
Pin It

15 comments:

Manasa said...

Feels good to see good ol' Smita as the Guest blogger :) Will definately give it a try this time arround :) No stamping for me :)

Shalini said...

love the card Smita... and the colored staples are a rocker!!!

Juhi said...

:) Hey Smita, gorgeous card, I love the ribbon treatment in all your cards :)........will surely come up with something.

Hugs,
Juhi

Smita said...

Thank you for all the love, Yvonne :-). And thank you to my fellow crafters too :-)

Hugs,
smita

Tee said...

Its a struggle for me to make a card with no stamping..This is got to be a challenge I should take!!
Congrats Smita! Super card girlie!!
big hugs!
Tejal

Ujjwal said...

Great to see you here Smita!! I am not a pro in stamping and most of the time shy away from it :D

Lets hope I get my mojo running to play this!!

Spardha said...

wooohoo!.. awesome card!.. love the challenge!.. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Welcome!! I am loving your work!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Great challenge too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~amy~ said...

woot woot for Smita! Such fabbie creations and a great challenge!

Keith said...

So cool. I do love your work. Take care.

Sherry Eckblad said...

CONGRATS! Isn't it fun to be Yvonne's guest designer. I can't wait to do your challenge and try a new technique with ribbon or lace.

Leanne said...

Congrats Smita! Well done!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Yikes, no stamping? Ok, I am ready for this challenge, probably have been for a long time seeing as how I own plenty of stickers and embellies. I do love me my ribbon too, so I should be good to go!

Spardha said...

I am not too sure whether my link got added or not.. so here it is.. :)
http://papercraft-addict.blogspot.com/2010/10/cuteness-personified-d.html

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOhhh congrats, Smita as guest blogger! LOVE your card and your challenge is a fun one! xxD

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It