Monday

A week in quick portrait sketches


 


I have really been enjoying these quick portrait sketches as I "warm up" to ease myself back into drawing/painting portraits.


I decided to challenge myself to work on angled faces...


The goal is just to get the placement of the features in the "right" spots.


I used only 1 coloured pencil so I wasn't able to get much depth.


And I used coloured pencils so that the mark-making is deliberate as I can't erase any "mistakes".


Then I. progressed to using 2 shades of the same colour - a mid-tone and a darker shade - so that I can create shadows and get more depth.


I can see myself making slight improvements with each portrait sketch. What do you think? Should I dive right back in to full-colour portraits? *winks*


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

2 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Time to dive in!

Lizzyc said...

wow these are very good love the two toned ones.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It