Tuesday

The story about the 15 minute dinner


The-story-about-the-15-minute-dinner

It might seem like fun and games at the Yam household when the nephews and niece come around on Saturdays but unless the meal is like pasta with cheese or pizza with cheese [yes, cheese is very popular here...*winks*] or something sweet (tea time is their fave), mealtimes here are pretty much like attending a funeral. 

Yes, super sad faces that would grimace at the sight of vegetables or meat or brown rice [you know...all the healthy stuff] and it would take like hours for them to finish the meal, you know, with most of it uneaten.


The other day, I offered them an incentive to finish their dinner. 

"If you finish ALL of your dinner, you will get dessert." I said.
"What is the dessert?" they chimed.
"Green tea ice-cream." I answered.

Their faces lighted up immediately [note: before that, it was "funeral" expressions...*LOL*] and after a mere 15 minute struggle (hahahaha), they cleared their plates!


Yep....they had tried my green tea ice-cream the week before and loved it so it was a good enough incentive. :)

Shhhh...don't tell them that all I used was a Japanese green tea ice-cream mix whipped with fresh milk and frozen for a couple of hours. *winks* They still think I'm brilliant because I can make panna cotta which they LOVE. ;)


This layout took a bit of time though...because I really wanted to fit in as many paper scraps as I could. I even got some mismatched American Crafts chipboard letters in there [pats self on back...hehe] and yes, even the border punch came into play, along with some brads and stickers. :)


Playing along with My Creative Sketches.

P/s: I am travelling this week so I might be slow in blog visits..I promise to catch up soon! 


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

9 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Haha! Your secret icecream recipe is safe with me! great story about the photos! fabulous layout with all the fun embellies!

Lizzy Hill said...

Just a brilliant story, that could safely be told in EVERY country in the world, no doubt! With our lot, Jelly is the errrr 'incentive' & works like, well - a treat!!!! Scuse the pun;) LOOOOVE that you got your punch going on this one. And lots of lush layers. It looks great. I'm a fan of the little girl there on the side. Looking on. NICE!!! Safe travels, Ms Yam:):)

Shelly said...

LOL They sound like my kids! ;)
Your layout is AMAZING and super FUN! Love it!
Enjoy your traveling, my friend! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ha!! Bribery is the BEST! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this! So fun and bright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lisa said...

What a fun story!! Your layout is amazing!! I love the adorable pictures and the details!! Stunning!! Safe travels, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

I always love stories about the Gangster Gang. Enjoy your travels!

Shizuka said...

How fun story:) also fun and cute page!! Thank you for playing along with My Creative Sketches.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is awesome, Yvonne! I so love that dinner story and LOVE your fun design! That background paper is so graphic and eye catching, and then all your fun details put a big smile on my face. I love that little monster, girl, and teddy bear face peeking up. Super fun use of brads and epoxies and the mix-up of letters. So whimsical and FUN!

Veronica Goh said...

Love the colour scheme and your story behind this layout! Thank you for joining in the fun at My Creative Sketches!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It