Thursday

Can you tell that I am working through my patterned paper stash? *winks*


Grandpa's-little-girl

You can tell that I'm really working through the patterned paper stash when really "old" papers come into play. Sometimes I look at my patterned papers and wonder what possessed me to get them in the first place...then I remember that I have well-meaning friends who passed me their stash when they gave up scrapbooking. :)


I do like to challenge myself to use unusual patterns and colour combos. 


So I added a punch of maroon for the photo mat and slowly added textured elements to create interest.


I really wanted to add stitching but an empty bobbin killed that thought immediately [ahem*lazy bones*] so faux stitching in the form stickers it became! *winks*

Playing along with The Studio Challenges.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

10 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

So beautiful

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Heather McMahon said...

Oh yeah - love that you can use papers like this one! You sure nailed the challenge!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeee this! I need to get back to using up my stash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Looks great - that would be VERY hard paper to use - the red matt works a treat, & I sooo 'get you' with the lazy changing the bobbin thing...... JUSt what my machine is up to atm!!!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! You've used the papers perfectly!! I love the punch of maroon!! The pictures are soooo sweet!! Gorgeous layout my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

I have a lot of "what was I thinking??" patterned papers too... like you, they're hand-me-downs or things I've won. I should commit to trying to use them somehow.

Audrey Pettit said...

Well, I absolutely love that you are working your way through your old papers... Even the what was I thinking collection, gifted or not! I think we all have that stash, and it's inspiring to see somebody embrace theirs. I think your layout is stunning! Love the bold colors and patterns, and always love your details. Super sweet photos, too!

Rachel said...

A great layout and you certainly made these papers work. Thank you for playing along with us at The Studio.

Susanne said...

Stunning page - love the play of pattern and colors here.

Jinny Newlin said...

Super page, Yvonne! Love your sweet pics and that little bit of twine, and your enamel dot placement is too fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It