Thursday

My little wooden house


Wooden-house-decor

I love to look at little wooden houses in retail stores where they display cute little knick knacks [that I won't buy for myself but will squeal with delight when I get them as gifts...*winks*] so I was excited to find an "unadorned" one at Daiso. :)


The good folks at Xyron sent me a whole bunch of pretty coloured burlap from DCWV that was perfect for this project. I ran the 4 x 6 burlap pieces through the Xyron 5" Creative Station and cut them down to size to fit my wooden house. I also adhered the map patterned paper from DCWV to the back of the wood unit. :)


Them I added some crochet and paper blooms, a remnant piece of lace and some bling.


I kept the embellishments simple because I really wanted to maximize the storage space for each slot. Plus I was going to use 3M velcros to adhere the unit to the wall so it needed to be light too.


Here's how it looks with an Angry Pig thumbdrive. Cute, eh?

Playing along with the challenge at Let's Get Shabby.:)

*Edited* I was the challenge winner at Let's Get Shabby!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

24 comments:

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Love this altered wood station Yvonne! the crochet flowers and all the embellishing is so cute!

Unknown said...

Hey Yvonne! that house looks so cute. loved it.
Do visit me at
Creative Crafting

Suman Pandit said...

cute !!!!

SD pooja said...

Wow...so pretty n cute..

alexa said...

The background is gorgeous too!

Lizzyc said...

Oh this looks so cute!! Love the burlap on the roof!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* I loveeeeeeeeeee this!!!! Pinning!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Super-duper cute storage space....love the map...BTW....Let's Get Shabby is to feature a MAP on your project....you joining in with this one? Be perfect!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Yes, totally cute!

Radhika said...

Love this..so cute alteration Yvonne :)

~amy~ said...

perfect!

Rose said...

beautiful :)

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love how you decorated it!! The flowers are awesome!! And Angry Pig looks right at home ;) Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annette Allen said...

what more will you think of.. this is awesome.. ps.. love the angry birds..haha

Ashley Horton said...

Such a cute project, Yvonne!

Heather Jacob said...

onw word Yvonne....... WONDERFUL xoxo

Miae said...

You found the box at Daiso?? Oh, I'm so heading over there!! ;) Adorable job altering it! And of course...CONGRATS! on TCW!

Audrey Pettit said...

I always love those little houses, too, and like you...would never buy one for myself... How cool you were able to make your own! This is gorgeous! I LOVE the map paper you used. The colored burlap is really awesome, too. And I love the addition of the pretty blooms! And then of course you throw that pig in there and just make me laugh! ;)

JansArtyJunk said...

What a wonderful shabby wooden house, love your use of map, burlap and beautiful shabby flowers.... Thank you for playing along with us at Let's Get Shabby :)

mandysea said...

This is a gorgeous SHabby little house Yvonne! Love the map walls! Written details are fabulous on your pics... love that! Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

OriBella said...

Beautiful little house with maps:) Thanks for plaiyng with LGS.

Deb said...

I love your little house. The burlap trims and map walls are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

Julie said...

How cute. Love it. Thanks for playing with us at Shabby.

Unknown said...

i have read your blog story, its very tremendous writing skills saw in your blog, just keep writing for us...
dave burke

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It