Wednesday

My journey through the gold rush...



As you know, I have been enamoured with gold for a while....Let's take a journey through my gold rush obsession shall we?


Canvas-for-Ujjwal
Finger-painting is my currently my fave way to paint...

The project that sparked the gold rush.

This was a canvas I did for my bloggy friend Ujjwal back in January. I had just gotten some metallic Daler-Rowney paints and inherited some vintage trims from my mother's friend.



The gold monogram that used to be silver.

I had this tissue-papered silver spray-painted monogram sitting in the half-finished projects drawer. After taking and putting back the container of Golden gold mica flakes many times at the art supply store [it's $42!!!] over a few months, I finally added it to my arsenal of mediums. And this was the first project I did with it.   





The mini bottle from a flight.

After the "investment", Golden gold mica flakes make their appearance on my mini altered bottle. Mostly to cover up the obvious line that separated the washi tape from the crepe paper...what a sparkling distraction, right? 



The chipboard gets the gold treatment.

I just got my box of Blue Fern Studios chipboard plus pretty lace and cameo from Craftpon. The chipboard treatment took a long time, used many different layers of gold mediums and paint before the words were legible...*LOL*


The sparkly gold dress form.

I wanted to try a bold colour combination. The Golden gold mica flakes on the dress form really stood out against background with black embroidered blooms. This tag now lives in Woy Woy, Australia. :)

Hello-sunshine-mixed-media-card
The gold obsession continues..

The mixed media card that was inspired by new gold mediums.

Visiting a scrapbook store in Hornsby with my bloggy friend Lizzy Hill led me to more gold mediums - Viva Inka Gold and Silks! I threw all my gold mediums on this card...can you tell? *LOL*

There you have it, a short journey through my gold rush obsession which I reckon will not end that soon..*winks*. Have you tried gold on your projects? It does photograph a lot better than silver...so get the gold out! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

23 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love them all! These projects are pure gold!

Tanvi said...

All are gorgeous, my fav is the chipboard.

Miae said...

You just might have a convert in me ;) I was smitten with silver...

Unknown said...

oh Gorgeousness.Love them all but the thing with the lace and cameo and the last card project have to be my fav.

Hussena said...

All your gold based projects are just gorgeous Yvonne ..can totally see myself trying this medium if they will turn out anything like your's :)

Lizzyc said...

These all look so beautiful, I don't think I have used much gold on my projects.. how stunning yours look!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Yup, your sock hanger LOVES living in my scrap room...it speaks to me every day LOL!!!! LOOOVE your gold obsession...I'm still trying to work out how you manage to have such stunning nails when you FINGER PAINT???!!!!!!!

Val-Belle said...

Yvonne these are goldi-licious... I love them all. I will have to try finger painting (I don't like to get dirty :() love all the gold... amazing inspiration and amazing projects...
PS... thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments. I really appreciate them and love reading them :D xx

Sherry Eckblad said...

All of your projects are absolutely gorgeous and I love the gold rush you have provided us.

Unknown said...

All your projects are stunning Yvonne! Your title for the blog is so clever... your work never ceases to amaze me, I have so much to learn of you yet for you keep it fresh and exciting! Hugs

SD pooja said...

Such a sparkling post filled with golden beauties !!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You have been ROCKIN' the gold!! I have never been a gold girl... but you sure are convincing!!!

Denise van Deventer said...

You are definitely the queen of gold! Your hello sunshine card is my favourite...and is just stunning! I will really have to put my courage pants on, before I try some gold! ;-))

Sindhu said...

All the gold projects are so beautiful...I love the last one very much...

Audrey Pettit said...

I don't think I ever really play with gold, but you are making me want to! Wow! Love, love, love all your fabulous golden goods! :)

Cindy deRosier said...

I love gold. Of all your projects, the monogram is my favorite. Absolutely LOVE it.

Annette Allen said...

you do gold so WELL.. all of these are amazing.. nice to see them again.. :)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I am blinded by .....your talent!!!
Hugs :)

Lisa said...

All of your projects are gold-alicious!! Love them all!! You are so talented!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rose said...

LOVE your gold phase girl :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE gold, too!! Your projects are amazing and very inspiring!

sandi said...

These are also gorgeous looking! Your use of gold is perfect!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely stunning, Yvonne! What an inspirational lineup!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It