Hello there friends! My guest today is the lovely Annette Allen of Clever Creations. :) Annette is an avid stamper and makes the cutest cards. She has a great sense of colour and a visit to her blog always results in a big smile on my face. :) One of Annette's fave technique is to colour her images with Copics and paper piece the outfits...which she shares in a tutorial today. She is also issuing a challenge with a chance at a fabulous RAK! :)
But first, let's check out some of Annette's fave creations!
Hi my name is Annette Allen and making cards is my passion. I am so happy to be able to share with fellow crafters. I am a housewife and live in California. I have been married for almost 17 years to a wonderful and loving man. My children are two dogs (Curtis & LoLa). I grew up in Colorado and have been so blessed to have had the opportunity to live many fun places...My absolute favorite was Europe.
This is where I was introduced to card-making. Lets just say I have been hooked ever since. I started back in 1997 and still love everything about it. My favorite thing to do on a card is stamping images. I love stamping, you can color, paper piece, emboss and these are just a few of the many technique you can do. I love bright bold colors but my favorite color is Pink. If I had to choose my favorite technique I think at the moment it would be paper piecing a fun image. I just love how you can bring the designer paper to life on an image. My style is always evolving and always look forward to what I can learn next.
I am so honored and thankful that Yvonne has asked me to be a guest blogger. I have been a follower of Yvonne’s blog for some time now and I have to say I am so inspired by her amazing creativity. You all know what I am talking about. Thank you Yvonne for this opportunity.
1. Pick an image that is easy to paper piece and select what designer paper you want to use. You will need ink, paper and snips.
2. Stamp the image on a solid white base and also on the designer paper.
3. Pick the color you want to color the face. I first start with E000 and blend with E000 using R20 to add a little blush to the face.
4. Pick what color you want to color the hair. I like to add a little highlights so I have chosen three colors for blending. Don't worry if you color outside the lines, I will be cutting out the image so you will not see that color.
5. Cut out with small snips the outfit and adhere to image.
6. Cut out image entirely after you adhere the outfit or whatever paper piecing you choose to do.
7. You are now ready to finish the card. Create a scene that complements the image.
Ready to play along? Please link your newly created project featuring colouring and paper piecing using Inlinkz (located at the end of this post) by Friday 24 February, 11.59pm (GMT +8) for your chance to win this sweet RAK courtesy of Annette. :)
Please leave a little love for my guest Annette!