Thursday

What the Yams ate on 21 July


 


Yes friends, the girl is still cooking for the folks on a daily basis. 


Time and practice do make a person more competent in the kitchen..I spend less time and have less stress cooking because competence makes one more flexible. If I don't have all the ingredients, I just improvise. If someone brings home a food source that's almost dying, I will change my plans and "save" said food source from the jaws of death. *winks*


When time permits, I may spend a little longer on the meal. When I'm pressed for time, I go with the one pot meal. And my fave is turning leftovers into a totally new dish. *LOL*


The key is to have enough variety so that the family won't be bored but have go-to dishes to lean back on when time is tight.

What about you? How do you plan your family meals?


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

1 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I plan meals pretty much the same as you. What's on hand, what's in the garden, what is near its expiration, what can I do with the leftovers, and how much time do I have. Love your layout!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It