Friday

Chocolate spells love in any language...


Chocolate-spells-love-in-any-language

So we celebrated yet another birthday in the Yam family. Nephew #1's birthday. Notice the same banner in the photo as when we celebrated nephew #2's birthday last month? Yep, it has been up for a whole month! *hahaha*


Since chocolate spells love in any language *winks*, I went with a chocolate cake. Evidently, the right choice judging by the beaming birthday boy. :)


Of course, the first thing the Gangster Gang (aka nephews + niece) asked was, "Where are the pigs?"
That's because I had previously showed them a picture of the Pigs in Mud Kit Kat Birthday Cake. Yeah, the fave aunt kinda "underperformed" here. *hangs head in shame*


But you know me...it was no basic cake - it was a 3 layer chocolate mousse cake! The kit kats were just there to hide my lousy icing skills. Seriously, icing a cake is really hard...so I always describe my cakes as rustic-looking. *LOL*


Well, the rustic-looking cake was a hit! *high fives all around*


And I did finally get a decent shot of the Gangster Gang using the classic works-all-the-time trick...."no chocolate cake for you if I don't get a nice photo!" 

Yep, always works. With chocolate. And cheese. 


Playing along with Stuck?! Sketches.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

11 comments:

Laura Creates said...

It sure does! Fabulous page, love your elements so perfect for your pics! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Lisa said...

It totally works because that is the most adorable picture of the GG!! And I love how you added the hat to the birthday boy!! Your layers and details are perfect as always!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lynn said...

Cool birthday pictures. I can feel the joy of the day. Your layout really highlights the excitement of the day. Your cake looks great and chocolaty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HA!!!! Works for chocolate and cheese!!! I love it!!!!!!!! And icing is HARD!!! I am def. not a cake designer for sure!! LOL!!! I love love love this! LOVING that title, the photos and how you added the b-day hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yvette said...

I love this page! Those colors and patterns are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!Sketches!

Cindy deRosier said...

Nothing wrong with rustic! It looks delicious. Kit-Kats only make it better. I love that you added a pig to the layout. I'm thinking you could have laminated him and stuck him on top of the cake first!

Shelly said...

Such a fun layout, Yvonne! Love it!

Helen Wallace said...

A fun post and a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday with chocolate cake. Nothing wrong with bribing the subjects! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, your cake and your entire birthday display looks amazing! I can see why you are the favorite! 😉
Gorgeous layout! Love the chocolate banner! And I totally adore how you used washi to anchor the papers, too!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Such a fun and festive page! My favorite detail...that birthday hat on the photo! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Rachel said...

Love your take on the sketch, so many wonderful details! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It