Wednesday

Masking your stamps with Savannah O'Gwynn




My guest today is sweet Savannah O'Gwynn of Savannah Land 2. Savannah is a whiz at stamping along with mixing and matching patterned papers. She makes the cutest cards with the sweetest sentiments that she creates from combining stamp sets. Her style is fun and fresh and draws "Awwws" every single time I visit her blog. Today, she shares with us her fave technique - masking and stamping stamp sets. She is also hosting an awesome challenge with a fabulous prize for one lucky player! 

But first, let's admire a sampling of her body of work...


Yvonne_Yam's Savannah album on Photobucket



My name is Savannah O'Gwynn, also known as Sav. My love of all things crafty started at a young age. I began to stamp and create my own cards back in 2009 and started my blog {www.savannahland2.blogspot.com} shortly after that. I create videos each week to share fun techniques, tips, and tricks that I use for each of my designs. My style has changed these past few months-- I used to be very layered and used LOTS of embellishments/etc. I was Fun/Graphic mostly. I do dabble in other styles every so often (like CAS or Shabby/Chic)... but my new favorite styles are Freestyle/Collage and CAKS (cute and kind of simple)! My favorite craft is creating cards and gift card holders-- it brings great joy to see the appreciation, love, and surprise as the recipient opens up a handmade card. I also enjoy singing and leading worship with my husband. Music and crafts are my life :)




My fave technique: mixing and matching stamp sets (specifically sentiment sets) to create my own sentiment/
I know that this technique is a bit labor intensive but the result is totally worth it. You can maximize your stamps by using this technique! This technique is really simple...



1. Use masking tape (or clear tape, blue painters tape, etc) to cover parts of the stamp that you don't want to use 2. Ink up your stamp 3. Remove tape (and check to make sure the part of the image/word that you want to use is the only part with ink) 4. Stamp.





Watch this video showing my technique of masking to create my own sentiment.

My challenge is to create anything using the MASKING technique-- when I say masking, I'm talking about masking sentiments and images to create your own design or word. 



I'm giving away one of my favorite stamp sets from Paper Smooches, Hope and pink ribbons (5 1 yard lengths). I had a friend at the age of 23 go through a double mastectomy, as well as other friends and family members with cancer. So this set means a lot to me since Kim donates 50% of each Hope set sold to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

___________________________________

Ready to play along? Please link your newly created creations featuring the masking technique to create your own design or word via Inlinkz [located at the end of the post] by Friday August 9. 11.55pm (GMT +8).

As always. please leave a little love for my guest Savannah. :)




Share/Bookmark





Pin It

21 comments:

Michelle said...

Yvonne AND Savannah? What a treat!
I loved the video. It make me look twice at the stamps that I own. Thanks for the inspiration!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Savannah is AMAZING!! What a great guest you picked Yvonne!! I loveeeeee her creations!!!

Katy said...

This was a great video! Savannah-your cards are awesome! I am now looking at my stamps in a different way. Thanks! :)

Angi Barrs said...

Yay! So glad to see sweet Savannah here! Love how she used the technique. I will have to play along once I'm back from vacation! :)

Unknown said...

oh what fun.Savannah's cards are really fun and cute.Totally going to check her blog and vids.Will be a great help since I have trouble creating cards.Fun challenge too.

Unknown said...

oh wow...fantastic way to take max out of d stamp sets...tx for sharing :)

Wida said...

I like stretching stamps! and that is a super cute card!

Jessi Fogan said...

Woot! Congrats, Savannah! Love that sweet card. And I love that Kim donates proceeds from that set - my best friend just went through a double at 37.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Great idea and tutorial! Thanks for the tips :)

SD pooja said...

Hey Yvonne ,Thanks a lot for introducing us to such a talented lady ! Thanks Savannah for sharing such a wonderful technique !

Teresa Zuehls said...

Loved all the tips from Savannah! I am always looking for different ways to use my stamps.

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome post and awesome guest designer! Savannah is amazing! Love her work and LOVE the fun masking sentiment technique here!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE how Savannah rocks those letters! Such a great card, my dear! What a fun challenge!

Lisa said...

I loved looking through Savannah's cards!! They are all fabulous!! And awesome technique and tutorial :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

sandi said...

She has beautiful creations! TFS!

Ella Swan said...

What delightful work - welcome Savannah!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Great post! Savannhah, you shared tons of great ideas in the video--thanks! All of the cards are so cute--the "brewin" card made me LOL. :)

Kavitha Vadhri said...

Great techniques and thanks so much for sharing. I tried masking sentiment and hope it qualifies. submitted my entry.

Susan (rainy) said...

Cute cute cards... and what a great way to get more out of our stamps. tfs!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for the fun masking challenge (and the heads up Savannah!)

Gilu J said...

Watched this video a while back and tried it out. I obviously need some practice...lol! Great idea though to stretch your stamps:)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It