Tuesday

Clear block stamping with Piali Biwas! :)




My guest today is the talented Piali Biwas of Touch of Creation. I "met" her when we were both designing for Some Odd Girl. Piali's cards are always beautifully put together with just the right embellishments and mix of paper and patterns. She rocks the beautiful textured layered cards as well as the "awww" so cute ones. I love her use of bright colours and her awesome stamping work. Today she shares a fabulous tutorial on clear block stamping and is hosting a challenge with a amazing prize for a lucky player! :)
Let's have a look at Piali's gallery! :)



Hello!!!
I am Piali and I'm super excited to be Yvonne's guest blogger here . I'm a SAHM  to two adorable daughters, aged 10 & 6. They keep my life busy. We just moved to India from New Jersey (for next two years) for my hubby's job-project. I've been paper crafting & blogging for two years now...  loving every moment of it. I love cardmaking. I like to try new techniques & styles . Today I shared a quick & easy technique , hope you all will like it and give it a go. I can't wait to see all your creations.
Thank you Yvonne for having me as your guest !
 

1. Gather your supplies...acrylic stamping block, ink and cardstock.
2.. Ink up your entire stamping block with distress ink (or any other inks).
3. Press inked block on the cardstock with even pressure.
4. Tada! Your block stamping background is ready!


Then just stamp any image you like within the block background (I like to use Momento Black ink.)






Isn't this such a cool technique? Ready to play along? Piali is offering this fabulous RAK for a lucky player! :)
Link your newly created projects using the block stamping technique via Inlinkz (located at the end of the post) by Friday October 7, 11.59 pm (GMT+8).

As always, please leave a little love for my guest Piali.

Share/Bookmark


Pin It

35 comments:

Ujjwal said...

So good to see you here, Piali! I can't wait to get inky :)

Blossom inch said...

that is so brilliant idea Piali! Thanks Yvonne for this at least I have something that I learned today.

RiNNE said...

I love Piali's work! This is beautiful! Thanks for the tip- I may have to try this out!

jacirascrap said...

Que técnica bacana!!!!

Jessy Christopher said...

Such fun ideas! Love the cards you created Piali!

Lea said...

What a great technique! I definitely need to try this one!!!

Vasu said...

so beautiful work, love them all...looks a lot of fun...



http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

Ella Swan said...

These examples are gorgeous! Defs going to try this out asa I can!!

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful work, piali! love the stamping technique!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwww! I am loving how she created those backgrounds!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow what a fantastic technique! Looks awesome!!!! TFS!!! :D

Karen B. said...

Yeah! Fantastic tutorial and really cool results!

Dr Sonia S V said...

I am not into stamping but this looks like a bit of fun!

Hussena said...

wow piali loved the stamping technique and your card's and tag look gorgeous will definitely try my hand at this tutorial... its awesome in creating background,thanks for the inspiration.

~amy~ said...

Yahooooo for Piali!!! {me waving to Piali!!!}

What a cool technique!

Trina said...

I love Piali's card, too!

Cindy deRosier said...

What a fun technique!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Swoon, love how you can add a splash of color but keep the card CAS. off to play with some ink!

Annette Allen said...

Wow this is a cool technique... I cant wait to try. Thanks for sharing..

Priya Mohan said...

This technique is so fun and fab!. Thanks for sharing!.Can't wait to try it:)

Piali said...

Thank you sooooooooooo much, Yvonne!!I'm truly honored.
hugs~

Isha Gupta said...

Great to see you here Piali...Lovely tutorial and cards:)

Alice said...

love this technique and Piali has such beautiful style! love her work!

Ash said...

YIPPIE!!! That's surely doing MORE with LESS.... Thanks to you both for putting this up to enlighten us with the idea..... Hugs))))

Ash... :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oooo, Piala's work is wonderful! This is a great technique...I will add it to my to do wish list :>)

Audrey Pettit said...

Piali's work is absolutely breathtaking! Really love that fun acrylic block stamping technique. TFS!

Angi Barrs said...

Super fabulous creations. :)

Janice said...

Cool technique! Love it!

Emily Keaton said...

Thank you so much for the great challenge, Piali! I had a lot of fun playing around with this technique and LOVE the results. :)

Rose said...

cool technique!!!! always love Piali's work!!!!!

Juhi said...

wow, Thanks so much so sharing such a fun technique, I had a great time playing along!

dstandard said...

Piali's work is always fabulous - will have to give this a try!

Robin said...

What a neat technique!! Must try!
Robin

Shalini said...

Thanks for sharing this super fun technique with us Piali and Yvonne!!! had a great time with it:)

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

Great idea Piali! Here's my take on it:
http://paperbackpirate.blogspot.com/2011/10/clear-block-stamping.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It