Sunday

Treasure

Treasure

Hello! Hope you are having a great weekend! I made this little treasure project for my friend Amy, a super fantabulous cardmaker! Check out her beautiful family photo - a treasure indeed! I "met" Amy through Card Patterns - she always stopped by to leave me the sweetest comments on my early cards (disasters!) which meant the world to a novice cardmaker. She left a comment on one of my layouts that she wished she could just send me her photos to scrap...So i did! Of course, she had to send me the most beautiful photo ever - I love that they are all hugging each other...so instead of a layout, she got an altered item! :)

The photo frame was from Ikea which I painted blue (I mixed blue, green and white to get his shade). When the paint dried, I added crackle paint in rock candy (LOVE this!) which gave subtle cracks and a light glossy finish. I only used one sheet of patterned paper (Webster's Pages of course). Ribbon, tulle, pearls, flowers, bling butterflies.chipboard from K & Co...rub-on from Stemma.

So now you know I take my comments very seriously...*LOL*.
Pin It

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

good blog....................................................................................................

Christina Rodrigues said...

lovely :)

Dora said...

Wow this is stunning, fabulous truly amazing, wow Amy would sure love this!

Smita said...

Gorgeous again Yvonne.... love the colors... and now I finally know the use of crackle paint... i've been seeing it in our hobby store for a while and wondering if I can use it... had no clue... you've used it beautifully!

Maggi said...

This is gorgeous and she will FLIP over it!!! And that was so sweet of you to make it for her, that frame is gorgeous!

Keith said...

Hey there. That is really beautiful. How are you doing today? I hope you've been having a fantastic weekend. Take care. Have a great week ahead. Cheers!

~amy~ said...

Hey you!!!

You know that I LOVE this...it is nestled in my dining room...a good place for it because that is where I sit daily to blog & blurf! thank you again and again for taking the time to create such a wonderful keepsake for me and my kidlets!!!

You my dear are spectacular!

Laurel said...

Holy gorgeousness! It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wowzers..that is so gorgeous!
You rock my dear!!!Really...love the amazing details on there...absolutely stunning!

debra@dustjacket said...

You are so sweet and so is this for sure!
xxx

Jess said...

absolutely fabulous!

Piali said...

Awesome!!! Its really true Amy is the sweetest crafter & blog buddy ever... Love what you did for her..the shade of blue is very pretty.
So sweet of you!

Evelin said...

I love the altered photo frame... it's gorgeous! :) And yes, Amy is the sweetest. I really appreciate that she drops by my blog with encouraging comments too :)

Once again, superbly lovely! :)

laterg8r said...

love this - so gorgeous and such a thoughtful thing to do!!! :D

Sherry Eckblad said...

This is absolutely beautiful and I am sure Amy is just loving it. Now can I send you all my photos to work your magic on?

rabslove said...

Wow!! It's gorgeous!! How thoughtful and creative of you to make such beautiful frame! Hehe...can I send mine to you?? lol...just kidding :)

Cindy Lee said...

Wow!! It's gorgeous!! How thoughtful and creative of you to make such beautiful frame! Hehe...can I send mine to you?? lol...just kidding :)

Wati Basri said...

oh WOW!! love this to bits...and i am so INSPIRED looking at this..mayb I should do one for a great fren :)

Angie Tieman said...

WOWZA! What an amazing gift! Knocked my socks right off!

Vanessa said...

WoW your photo frame is georgious!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It