|The pom poms I made for my cousin's wedding.|
My preparations for my cousin's recent wedding included stalking many wedding websites where there was a recurrent theme of tissue paper pom poms. The ready-to-pouf Martha Stewart ones at the craft supply store were $25 for 3 pom poms! [She must be rolling in dough...*LOL*] So I learned how to make my own...here's a short tutorial on how you can make these tissue paper pom poms.
1. You will need a stack of 8 to 10 pieces of wrapping tissue. [I used them as they were in the package, you can cut the pieces to make smaller pom poms.] Run a scallop-edge scissors along the edges. Then accordian fold them.
2. Tie the center with string/ribbon.
3. Then comes the fun part....Gently pouf up each layer...
4. Your pom pom should be taking shape now...Pouf half the tissue layers, then flip over to pouf the other half.
5. When it's done, you have your tissue paper pom pom!:)
Those pom poms of course inspired my creation for LESSology Challenge #11: Flights of Fantasy.
The basket used to house some yummy lychees from the supermarket...the lace and ribbon were from my sister's bridesmaid dress [it was really ugly...]. I love that you can hang it at a party and maybe put some sweets in it and you can reuse it again...be gentle with the pom poms and you can use them quite a few times! :)
Here's how it can be stored away for future use. :)
Will you making some pom poms? :)