Wednesday

You make my heart sing...Happy Valentine's Day!


You-make-my-heart-sing

Happy Valentine's Day friends! :) Today's project is a 6x6 mixed media canvas.


I started by adhering a mix of different remnant lace pieces on the canvas with gel medium. Then I painted a layer of gesso over it to prep the surface for colorants. 


I went in with just two colours of mists - a teal and a hot pink - and you get a third shade (a purple) where the two colours meet. :) Once the mist layer is dry, I went in with some gesso to really pull out the texture and design of the intricate lace pieces.


Then I finished with some embellishments (repurposed from old projects).

P/s: Hope you are having a great week so far! 


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! LOVING those colors and the little girl button!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

This is stunning!! The colors are gorgeous and the texture is amazing!! Absolutely beautiful canvas!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Love the colors in this!

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the texture from the lace and love the colors too.. and such a cute button... lovely little canvas!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable! That little flair button is melting my heart, and I LOVE your lace misted background! <3

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It