Monday

Mixed media box inspired by Pantone 2018 Colour of the Year - Ultra Violet (a tutorial)


Mixed-media-proect-inspired-by-2018-Pantone-Colour-of-the-Year---ultra-violet
The lovely Tina Walker invited us to participate in fun challenge inspired by Pantone 2018 Colour of the year - Ultra Violet. I really wanted to use this Give me some nude lip box that I got from Sephora during the Christmas sale for my project so I decided that I would just paint a mouth wearing ultra violet lipstick. :)


I covered the box with scrunched up wrapping tissue (from packaging) which I adhered with gel medium. Then I prep the box for colorants with gesso.


Next, I covered it with red mist and then a layer of purple mist to create depth in the layers of colours.


Then I went in with inks and acrylic paints. This took a bit of time...and a lot of wet tissues to create the desired effect of a dimensional mouth.


The brush pens and markers helped to make the process a little easier but I did have to go in with heavy body acrylic paints for the darkest shadows and highlights.


It was quite a fun challenge to partake in and it was possibly the first time my project ever turned out the way I envisioned it to...*winks* 

Happy week ahead friends! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

7 comments:

SD pooja said...

Yay..its great to see a project turn out as planned! Its Awesome ..loved the detailed shading looks dimensional :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! This LOOKS AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeee the texture on it!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!! So amazing!! Love, love, love!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow! Sooooo cool, Yvonne!

Shelly said...

Seriously, this is AWESOME!! Wow!! Love it!

Lizzyc said...

Wow what a transformation!!! really love those lips!! Great job!!

Tina said...

Oh My Gosh! This is soooo fantastic! I love the lips and your idea! And (of course) the color! ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It