Friday

Projects for the Maya Road/Chameleon Pens Swap....tutorials included



Hello friends! Today I'm sharing two projects I created for the Maya Road and Chameleon Pens swap. Now, I've been eyeing these pens for a really long time (they are really pricey here) so I was really happy to receive two sets courtesy of the lovely folks at Chameleon Pens. :)


Mixed-media-wood-pallet-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-Maya-Road-Chameleon-pens-swap

My first project is this mixed media wood pallet. So soft and pretty, eh? *winks*

1. I started with the Maya Road 8x8 DIY wood pallet that I covered with some gesso and white to give the pallet a slightly white wash look.

2. I went with a Maya Road kraft envelope as the base to start my embellishment cluster because I really wanted the embellishments to stand out and patterned paper might detract from that. You must have seen those diecut leaves a million times but I really LOVE the Maya Road Geometric Leaf Die. *LOL*

3. Since I was going with sweet pastel colours for the embellishments, I coloured some white flowers with the light blue Chameleon Pen. The first one was covered entirely in blue. For the second one, I played with the toning medium to get a much lighter tone. I also coloured a small threaded wood spool blue. LOVE how fast I got these done with no mess to clean up!

4. I used the yellow Chameleon Pen to colour in the beak and tail of a Maya Road white resin bird. 

5. And then it was time for my fave part - putting everything together. I usually like to start from the center and work my way out but this time, I started from the left and worked all the way across because I tend to go crazy when clustering. *winks*


For me, clustering is all about mixing up the textures and shapes. And tucking little knick knacks here and there. I went with different types of blooms - tulle, ribbon, felt, paper and resin. I added metal charms, wood tokens and trinket pins.


And I went really slow and steady with the hot glue gun...after my last painful incident....and I emerged unscathed this time! Yay me! ;)


Mixed-media-cad-by-Yvonne-Yam-for-Maya-Road-Chameleon-pens-swap4

My next project is this dimensional mixed media Christmas card. Now you know that I like flattish cards in general but I made this so that I can adhere it to the top of a box and call it decorated...hehe. *lazy bones*


I started with packaging cardboard that I cut to size and wrapped with aluminium foil.


Then I coloured the whole thing with a red Chameleon pen (hard to photograph the shiny foil). I love that it was quick to colour and I kept my hands totally clean!


I also coloured some thread and white paper bloom with the same pen, varying the intensity of the colour with the toning medium.


I love that I got 3 different tones from just one pen! The foil turned out like a ruby red, the bloom was a rich burgundy and the thread is a light plum colour. 

Full disclosure: I wanted to make a tag actually...but the red was just whoa...too strong! 


So I glued the whole thing on a card base ...and called it a card done! Hahaha....that's how I roll!

There you have it, two projects using Maya Road goodies and Chameleon Pens. Happy weekend friends! :)


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! These are FABULOUS!!!! LOVING what you did with those pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, both projects are absolutely stunning!! The layers and details are amazing!! I love how you used the pens!! Your tutorials are fabulous, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such beautiful projects Yvonne and wonderful recycling too like always
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Cindy deRosier said...

Wow! Beautiful job.

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

This is amazing and totally love the way use recycle !!
cheers

Audrey Pettit said...

Absolutely love these, Yvonne! Gorgeous palette decor piece and card, too. Thanks for sharing so many ways to use those pens. The colored foil is absolutely brilliant!

julia said...

This informative article is very interesting. They have helped us to create a Christmas card. These cards make me smile. Now it's time to avail shutters in birmingham for more information

terrypeter said...

Your idea for creating Christmas card is unique and different for others. I feel glad after seeing your cards. Thanks for sharing these amazing ideas with us, it's time to avail this Plumbing services in Jumeirah Circle Village visit us for more services in Dubai.

terrypeter said...

This is very beautiful Christmas card. Your idea is also unique for creating a card. Great job and keep it up. Thanks for sharing this with us. How to sign up for Nest Aware on iPhone https://guestpostingnow.com/how-to-sign-up-for-nest-aware-on-iphone/ for more details.

terrypeter said...

This is amazing and totally love the way use recycle. This is very informative articles for peoples. Thanks for sharing this with us. Now it's time to avail this Detroit City Tour Services visit us to more services.

terrypeter said...

Your method of decorating and making this charts is so simple and beautiful. I will try it soon. Thanks for sharing this with us. Now it's time to avail metro car services https://metroairportslimo.com/ visit us for more details.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It