Monday

A fall-inspired tag


A-fall-inspired-tag

Hello friends! I'm currently working on using up my chipboard stash (yay, go me!). My chipboard collection gets quite a bit of usage first as "stencils"  for my mixed media projects before they end up as dimensional pieces on my projects. Do you do that too?


As always, my tag base is cardboard from packaging. I glued 2 pieces together for a sturdy base before covering the front and back with paper scraps and painting with a layer of gesso. 


When the gesso layer was dry, I went in with some mists in fall-inspired colours.


And since I was playing along with the Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, I had to add in my Maya Road wood token with a coffee cup, nestled between fall leaves.  *winks*


I finished off with a Maya Road diecut hello and some pretty trim.


These are some of my fave colours to use on projects and I love how it turned out - perfect for adorning a gift bag of coffee beans, tea bags or hot chocolate.



Happy week ahead friends!


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

19 comments:

Shanna Slater said...

Fabulous tag!! Love how you reuse and repurpose the chipboard!!

Thank you for sharing!!
~Shanna
www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the leaves!!!!!!!!!!!

~amy~ said...

Yvonne...YAY!!!!!! I love your gorgeous tag!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous tag, Yvonne. This is lovely!

New Creations said...

What a pretty color combo on this cute tag, love it!

Suman Pandit said...

gorgeous tag Yvonne !!

HappyMomentzz by Sharada Dilip said...

This is beautiful and im a big fan of chipboards :)

Lisa said...

This is so stunning, Yvonne!! The colors are amazing!! The dimension and texture are fabulous!! Love it, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

So pretty! I love fall colors.

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

Oh my, this is super gorgeous!!! I love all the beautiful fall colours!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is such a gorgeous mixed media tag, love it!

Lisa said...

So.. GORGEOUS!! Love the colors on this and those leaves... the whole thing... gorgeous!

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely STUNNING tag! Gorgeous colors

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love these fall colors, and adore the mixed media look to this! You are absolutely the best recycler of old cardboard, ever!

Ann said...

Beautiful tag, love the ribbon.

Hetty said...

Beautiful tag, great layering and wonderful colors.

Fikreta said...

gorgeous tag

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a wonderful and gorgeous tag. Sure has lots of cool texture on it.

Arianna Barbara said...

Simply stunning!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It