Wednesday

Hello sunshine...card for 2017 Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop


Hello-sunshine-Coffee-Lovers-

So I visited an organic coffee farm when I was in Bali two weeks ago. 


It was an interesting experience for a new coffee drinker like me - learning about harvesting the coffee beans, processing, drying and roasting. 


Of course, Indonesia is most famous for Kopi Luwak - coffee that includes partly digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian Palm Civet. I saw some of the civets in cages and they looked so sad. Apparently, with the popularity of Kopi Luwak, wild civets are greatly hunted and housed in small cages. Really cruel.


So I'll be sticking to my regular animal cruelty-free coffee.


 Joining in the fun with the 2017 Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.


Share/Bookmark

Pin It

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute card!

Heidi said...

Love the distressed edges, and the fun and bright summery colours on your card! Great that you choose for crualty-free!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the rainbow colors and the BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!! *wink* :)

~amy~ said...

Yay for picking up coffee drinking :)
This card is so perfect, love that fabulous inky background.

Shelly said...

LOVE this, Yvonne! Beautiful!

SD pooja said...

You said partly digested ..!! Tea is Best..for me :) Your card is cheerful !

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning, my friend!! The colors are fabulous!! The little birdie is a perfect touch!! Oh my gosh, I've never heard of Kopi Luwak...cruelty-free is definitely the way to go!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cindy deRosier said...

Very cute card. I'm not a coffee drinker, but if I were, I'd be cruelty-free for sure. Not to mention that I'm not keen on partially digested stuff as food as a general rule.

Becca Yahrling said...

OK, I love coffee and I love birdies. Yay to that adorable birdie. Cute card! And I'll stick to my regular coffee, too. That's a sad story.

Robyn Oliver said...

Super card Yvonne, lovely and colourful

Karon said...

Fabulous card. TFS

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card with all those summery colors.

Fikreta said...

very nice and colorful card!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Love all of the layers and elements on this!

Hetty said...

Beautiful and happy card.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable, Yvonne! Love the bird and the rainbow stripes on here, and your misted background is awesome, too! The story about the civets makes me really sad, though. I'm not familiar with that coffee, but I will be avoiding it, for sure.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It