Wednesday

The Stylista and a little flashback circa January 2009


The stylista

So I was invited by KCK (a local stationery/craft supplies manufacturer) to guest design over at their blog Krafers' Paradise. This was the layout I created using their Glittering Glamour line. It features my mother back in 1972...The Stylista (Okay, so I was watching this show on tv the other day..*LOL*..)

I used Distress Ink in Tea Dye to "age" the glittered paper a little...a little misting (Maya Road mist in Grapefruit Pink) on the white textured cardstock..crochet and paper doilies to "frame" the photo and lots of paper flowers, handmade felt flowers, Prima leaves and buttons. I also added some bits from Gauche Alchemy's Pink Parts Mixed Media Color Kit and pom pom trim! :) All chipboard and glitter stickers are from KCK.

P/s: If you live in Singapore, go leave a comment here and you may win for yourself a $10 gift certificate...:)

And now for a little flashback circa January 2009...
This was the first layout I posted on my blog...featuring nephew #2 at the Botanic Gardens. Holy smokes! I was using my stamps back then! I think the paper is from Scenic Route...:) My friend Amy Tsuruta challenged her friends to post their latest and first layouts. I was praying as I scrolled through my archives ...please let it be something re-post worthy...*LOL*

Share/Bookmark
Pin It

22 comments:

Laurel said...

Both layouts are fantastic, the first one took my breath away, wow!

papertrails leaver said...

Yooowwwzzzza! This is fantastic. Love those rolled flowers you used on it!

Lynnda said...

chickadee... the 1st LO... is beautifully shocking!!!... is there a word... its really gorgeous... like something you just want to WOW the whole day!!!.... hats off my dear friend...

YOUR FIRST LO on blog ... is STUNNING too... xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! These are BOTH GORGEOUS Yvonne!! I love love love that photo of your Mom...and LOVING all the flowers!! And loveeeeeeeeeeee that tree on your flashback lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

RiNNE said...

Such gorgeous beauties!! Love them both! Great misting on the first and so cute for the second!! Re-post worthy indeed!! ;)

Blossom inch said...

wow..wow...wow...nice layouts! congrats on being the 1st ever DT for Krafer's Paradise. Love your work babe...

Sally said...

That's neat, first and latest! Love the grouping of the buttons around the flowers- might just try that on a layout I'm working on.

Smita said...

Your layouts have been superb since the beginning, huh? ;-) I lovee them both...


Hugs,
Smita

kavitha said...

marvelous,ur so talented from the beginning:)

Sherry Eckblad said...

Both layouts are wonderful and I can't believe that is your first layout ever. You were even fabulous at it back then.

Karen B. said...

You can really tell how your preferences or style have changed, but I would say you were an amazing scrapbooker back then as well!

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHH these are so gorgeous!!! I love all the wonderful details!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

They are both so beautiful Yvonne! Loving the tile and that photo of your mother! Gorgeous what you did with the paper!
And so fun to look at your first post again.
I love to look back on posts and read the comments again!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Both LOs are wonderful. I love your shabby chic style, but the old LO is fab too :>) Even in 2009 you were incorporating so many details!!!

Spardha said...

WOWW!!!.. the layout looks soo amazing!.. love all the flowers and the bling!.. and the flashback lo is also very cute! :)

Sandy Ang said...

Thanks for creating such a fab LO for KCK.
Your first LO is definitely post-worthy (unlike mine!).

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely layout! And thanks for sharing your flashback!

Juhi said...

super super gorgeous Yvonne!
PS:your first layout is lovely too

Cindy Lee said...

Such an elegant and classy layout! And your first layout is equally awesome!

MirjamC said...

GORGEOUS!!!!love the flowers and what a great old picture of your mother! the flashback is so cute!

~*~Patty S said...

Thanks to Marit I found your great blog! These pages using family photos are especially wonderful, great colors and texture and design!
The name of your blog is inspiring too!
oxo from Virginia USA

~amy~ said...

I thought that I had left a comment on this one...yipes...luckily I was going through my flashback friday post....I adore it when you use old pics...this one of your mom is absolutely wonderful...you've captured it so perfectly with all the great paper and embellies...everthing really makes the b&w photo just pop!

Seriously...check out your first layout...you were fussy cutting even back then!! Check out all the fun goodness....

Thanks sooo much for playing along and it is always so much fun looking at your layouts!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Have an awesome day!:)

Cheers, Yvonne.

>
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Pin It